Sunday, October 12, 2008

Self-Indulgence

I was just wondering ... what do you do just for yourself? When you really want to indulge and pamper yourself. Do you indulge yourself with chocolate?








Ummm, I love a good brownie!




Or do you pick out a really good book, lock yourself in your room and read?





Or maybe you're a health nut and take time to exercise.





Or maybe you have a hobby and allow yourself the time and money to enjoy it.

Like painting......



or sewing.






Do you want to know how I pamper myself?

Okay, now my kids can answer this one immediately! I can spend hours doing this!

Can you guess what it is?



I love taking bubble baths!




Actually, I don't even have to have the bubbles. I love to just soak in a nice, warm tub. I think it started when my kids were little. I've always worked and Mike and I are from the generation that the father didn't really get involved with the household chores. After a hard day of work, doing the laundry, cooking and washing dinner and getting the kids to bed, there was nothing as luxurious as a nice warm bath! And then when the kids got older and our lives got more hectic, it was the one nice place I could go and not be interrupted. This was before cordless phones and so there was no phone calls or at least they had to take my messages for me. It was my escape! Now, I still love to soak in a warm bath. I read, do sudoku puzzles, talk to the kids on the phone (they've learned to just ignore the water splashing). When my mother passed away, I would just sit in the bathtub and cry. And now when my grand kids are here, I will even share my tub with my granddaughter. She loves the whirlpool jets! So, tell me, what do you do just for you?????







4 comments:

imjacobsmom said...

I go shopping....or I bake. Cakes, cookies, cupcakes, bread - I just love to bake. Have a nice soak! ~ Robyn

nikkicrumpet said...

I'm like you...I love a long hot soak in my jetted tub...preferably with chocolate and a good book!

Kellie said...

I am still trying to figure that out...

Picket said...

Oh my word...you need to warn me when you are gonna have chocolate like that up close and personal!!!! lol My mouth flys open and I lean toward the screen to lick it! lol I love getting a great magazine and saving it to the end of the day and just drooling over the pages without being interrupted..Thanks for coming by girl...no we don't play games we are two busy being entertained by the kids or the Burly boys with their latest hunting stories! lol Those recipes are some I made up years ago and my bunch still begs me to make
them. I may try to post them someday..they are so simple but so good...thanks again...have a great week!