Sunday, February 1, 2009

Sad Cake

Super Bowl Sunday!!!!!


I hope your team made it to the Super Bowl. My team, The Cowboys, sure didn't!!!! The Boys really disappointed me this year!






Yes, Tony, hang your head in shame.

As we keep saying year after year after year, "Oh well, there's always next year!"

It's been a tradition that whenever the Cowboys don't make it to the Super Bowl, then I make this cake, Sad Cake, on Super Bowl Sunday. Unfortunately, I make it way too often!

It's really simple with only four ingredients. You can't get any easier than that!



2 cups of biscuit mix, 1 box brown sugar (2 2/3 cups), 1 can coconut (1 1/2 cups) and 4 eggs.




Put all ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix.



It will be rather thick, like a cookie dough. Then put into a 13 X 9 pan and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.



The cake actually gets it's name because it rises then falls. It really turns out more like a bar cookie instead of a cake.

I think I'll cut me a piece and go watch the Super Bowl.




Sad Cake

2 cups biscuit mix
1 box brown sugar (2 2/3 cups)
1 small can coconut (1 1/3 cups)
4 eggs.

Mix all ingredients together and pour into a greased and floured 13 X 9 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.


5 comments:

nikkicrumpet said...

It's great to know you are a disappointed Cowboy fan...ME TOO! They've been my team since Coach Landry was leading them....and boy do they need to pull it together lol....so pass me a piece of that sad cake!

imjacobsmom said...

I'm a Viking's fan - I'll have a big piece. Thanks. ~ Robyn

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Cyndy, thanks for stopping by. Glad you are trying the mirror project, you'll love it. Your molding should be fine if you got the MDF stuff & my corner pieces are slightly bigger than my molding. I think one of them is the same & one is slightly smaller. As long as your molding and corner piece is within about 1/2" of each other, you'll be fine. You want to line up the corner pieces exactly with the corners of your mirror & the same with the molding. It should sit flush with the mirror where you don't see any mirror around it. And it's fine if the corner piece comes down further than the molding does.

Julie said...

I love the Dr. Pepper history...especially since that is my favorite drink in the whole wide world!! I so admire your cooking and creativeness. I wish I had the patience for it!

Rue said...

Hi Cyndy :)

So you have one of those teams too? My poor husband could use some of that cake, since the Bengals NEVER go to the Super Bowl. LOL

rue