Thursday, February 26, 2009

WE NEED RAIN!!!


It has been so windy and dry here, which makes for ideal conditions for wild fires.






This fire came within a few hundred yards of my brother-in-laws house.




Lots of friends, neighbors, employees and family showed up to help. The Texas Forest Service was there along with Air Attack Helitankers and seven area fire departments. They were able to contain the fire and only one house burned down.




And now today, there are more fires underway. Please pray for rain, the safety of homeowners in the path of the fires and the men and women that are putting their lives in danger to battle the fires.



4 comments:

Jeri said...

You are right, it is very scary. We had ashes falling all over yesterday from the Mulberry canyon fire. Do you remember back when we lived in Nugent, that big fire that burned from Baird to Albany?? I hope and pray we get rain soon.

Anonymous said...

Hi Cyndy! Oh those fires are so scary! Did you take these pictures? Oh, I wouldn't want to be that close! Take care and thanks for popping in to see me.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

nikkicrumpet said...

How frightening...I can't even imagine being in the path of a fire out of control. I sure hope all is well there...I'll keep you all in my prayers

Rue said...

Hi Cyndy

I hope those fires have ceased since you posted this. Growing up in California, I know the fear of fire all too well. Please take care!

hugs,
rue