Sunday, February 15, 2009

Some Projects


I've been working on a few things lately and thought I would share them with you. My granddaughter's school has an auction and a carnival each year as one of their fundraisers. I made a few baby things for the auction. Here's the girl's burp cloths and blanket.






And some things for a baby boy.




If you're anywhere near Lewisville, Texas on Saturday, March 7th, be sure and stop by the auction. There are some really great things to bid on. Go here to check out some other items donated by area businesses.


Now that I have those done, I can start on my next project. My son, Brandon, made this for me for Christmas.




Just look at the detail.






He started out making this for Kellie and then when they moved into their new house, they decided it wouldn't work where they were going to put it, so I got it. Isn't it pretty? I think I'm going to stain the top and the drawers and then paint the rest of it. It's going to go in the game room and I'll hang the TV on the wall above the cabinet. Now if I can only decide what color I want.





8 comments:

nikkicrumpet said...

That is a beautiful cabinet he made. I'm sure it will be gorgeous when you get it done! And those baby items are so dang cute. I love the "daddy hung the moon" one the most!!!

Jeri said...

Cyndy, those are so cute!! and the cabinet is great. Your family is so talented!!

Hugs, Jeri

Stacey said...

super cute! you are such a good grandmomma to do that for the school! can't wait to see the finished cabinet!

Southern Lady said...

Cyndy, thank you for the kind note you left for me at Southern Lagniappe. I appreciate you taking the time to visit me.

That is a beautiful cabinet ... your son is very talented, like his mother. The baby things are adorable and should be very popular at the auction.

I'll look forward to seeing the cabinet when you finish it.

Sincerely,

Janie

Rue said...

Hi Cyndy :)

You did a beautiful job on the baby items! I love that cabinet he made too!!

rue

Anonymous said...

Hi Cyndy! How sweet the burpee cloths are! Now your son made the cabinet? It's beautiful! Have you decded how you're going to use it and finish it.
Thanks for popping in to see me today!
Be a sweetie,
shelia ;)

StitchinByTheLake said...

First of all Cyndy I love the burp cloths. I'm going to make some today for my new grandson. But that cabinet - exquisite work. Such love went into the making of it and it certainly shows. blessings, marlene

Anonymous said...

Hi Cyndy! Oh, it's so nice that you popped in to see me today! If you make a laundry room picture, let me know, I'd love to see it and I'm flattered you would want to make one too!
Now, I'm entering your tiny name in my giveaway.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)