Monday, June 23, 2008

Farmer's Market

I went to our local farmer's market hoping to get some of these:




Unfortunately, they didn't have any. There was a woman selling them, but she sold our before I got there. But I did get some of these:




So, I made some zucchini bread. Here's all you need:





Mix 3 eggs, 3 cups grated zucchini, 2 cups of sugar, 1 cup oil and 1 tablespoon vanilla in a bowl and mix well.



Mix 3 cups flour, 1 tablespoon cinnamon, 2 teaspoons baking powder, 1 teaspoon salt and 3/4 teaspoon baking soda in a medium bowl. Stir this into the the zucchini mixture.



Stir in 1/2 cup chopped pecans.




Spoon into 2 greased and floured loaf pans.




Okay, take a good look at this loaf pan.



This was a wedding present. Can you tell what decade we got married?

Yes...... the 70's!

Bake at 325° for 1 hour or until the loaves test done.




Zucchini Bread

3 eggs
3 cups grated zucchini
2 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3 cups flour
1 tablespoon cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 chopped pecans

Combine the eggs, zucchini, sugar, oil and vanilla in a bowl and mix well. Stir in a mixture of the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Add the nuts and mix well. Spoon into two greased and floured loaf pans. Bake at 325° for 1
hour or until the loaves test done.



2 comments:

Jeri said...

Dad is growing zucchini in his back yard, I can't wait to try this recipe.
Thanks, Cyndy
Hugs,
Jeri

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the loaf pan. My mom the same pattern! Yes, they were a wedding gift as well. She had the yucky gold blend that matched until last Christmas when I bought her a new one. I think she kept that ugly ol' blender any way.
J*Me