Wednesday, June 25, 2008

If Life Is A Bowl Of Cherries


What am I doing in the pits??????


That's the title of a book by Erma Bombeck. I use to love reading her "At Wit's End" columns in the newspapers. She also had articles published in Good Housekeeping, Reader's Digest, McCall's and Redbook. I got married in 1976 and she had such a great sense of humor and vivid description of housewives and mothers! She would take everyday tasks such as washing dishes or changing dirty diapers and make it funny. Not only was she the funniest housewife in America, but she was probably the most insightful. For over 30 years Erma Bombeck made us laugh; she also made us think.


A few of her quotes:


Seize the moment. Remember all those women on the 'Titanic' who waved off the dessert cart.


All of us have moments in out lives that test our courage. Taking children into a house with a white carpet is one of them.


I just clipped 2 articles from a current magazine. One is a diet guaranteed to drop 5 pounds off my body in a weekend. The other is a recipe for a 6 minute pecan pie.


Housework, if you do it right, will kill you.








Thanks for making me laugh at everyday tasks! She was a little bit classier than this woman:



But, she makes me laugh, too!



1 comment:

Stacey said...

I always loved her! I should find some of her books at the library!