Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Dinner in Twenty Minutes

I had a hair appointment after work, so I got home later than usual. And of course, it's hot and I'm tired and really didn't feel like fixing supper, but knew we had to eat. So, once again, I am so glad I've got my handy dandy electric pressure cooker. I was able to fix this meal in under twenty minutes. Not bad if I do say so myself.


I browned the boneless pork chops in the pressure cooker, then threw in some soy sauce, terriyaki, pineapple juice and brown sugar. Set the pressure cooker for low for 11 minutes. So, while these were cooking:


I put some rice on to cook and made this spinach salad:



My sister-in-law, Connie, gave me this recipe and it quickly became one of my family's favorite salads. It's so good and easy. So, in less than twenty minutes, we ended up eating a pretty good meal.


Here's the recipe for that great spinach salad.

1/4 cup cider vinegar
1/3 cup canola oil
1/2 cup sugar (you can use less)
2 tablespoons sesame seeds

Put sugar in container, add vinegar, and shake. All of the sugar won't dissolve, but that's okay. Then add seeds and oil. Shake some more. You can make this ahead of time then just shake very well before pouring over salad.

1/2 pound baby spinach
1 pint strawberries (or mandarin oranges)
2 ounces toasted almonds

Put the above ingredients in a bowl and pour dressing over it. Enjoy!


2 comments:

Stacey said...

ok, you have convinced me! i need one of those things! actually, i think all moms with busy lives need one!!

StitchinByTheLake said...

Hi Cyndy, I've just found your blog and I've never heard of an electric pressure cooker....I have a regular one and I forget to use it but those pork chops sound delicious. I enjoyed the read! Blessings, marlene