Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Cherry Crunch Cake

Looking for a good, quick and easy dessert? Why not try this cherry crunch cake tonight???? All you need are just a few simple ingredients that you probably have on hand.




One can crushed pineapple, with juice; one can cherry pie filling, one yellow cake mix, chopped pecans and butter. How simple is that?????









Pour pineapple with juice into a 9" X 13" baking dish, spreading evenly over bottom of the dish. Spoon pie filling evenly over pineapple.




Sprinkle dry cake mix over pie filling. Even it all out with your fingers or a fork if you have to.



If you haven't already done so, chop your pecans up.





And go ahead and start melting your butter.





Wait a minute, did you notice that handy dandy cutting tool I was using on the pecans? That's called a ulu (pronounce OO-loo) knife. Jennifer brought that back for me on one of her trips to Alaska. I have to be extremely careful when I'm using this thing, because it is sooooo sharp!! You can read all about these here. Okay, back to cooking.



Sprinkle the pecans evenly over the dry cake mix.



Now, drizzle the melted butter over the pecans and cake mix.



Put in oven and bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until browned and bubbly.





Ummm, doesn't that look good? Can you smell it? Here, go ahead and sit down while I dish you up a bowl.



How about some ice cream with that? Now, catch me up on all your latest news. Here, have another bowl. I promise there's not too many calories in this dish!




Cherry Crunch Cake

1 (20 oz.) can crushed pineapple with juice
1 (21 oz.) can cherry pie filling
1 box yellow cake mix
1 cup chopped pecans
3/4 cup butter, melted

Preheat oven to 350°. Pour pineapple with the juice into a 9" X 13" baking dish, spreading evenly over the bottom of dish. Spoon pie filling evenly over pineapple. Sprinkle dry cake mix over pie filling; level with a fork. Sprinkle pecans evenly over cake mix; drizzle with melted butter. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until browned and bubbly.




6 comments:

StitchinByTheLake said...

This looks and sounds delicious. I think I'll try it the next time my sewing group comes to my house. Thanks! blessings, marlene

Jeri said...

That looks and sounds soooooo good. I will give the recipe to Otis...
Love and hugs,
Jeri

Cathy said...

Hi....Cyndy...Just thought I would hop over here and check you out....I can see we could be good buddies.....you bake it , I'll eat it!
That looks so good I could feel the inches creeping up just thinking about making it!
Stop by some time!
Cathy

Stacey said...

now that is my kind of yumminess!

bj said...

Another family favorite...we call it CHERRY DUMP CAKE and, like you said, it is so easy...and delicious! Thanks for reminding me about it....

Susan Holt Simpson said...

I was buzzing through the net, looking for how much butter to use in the Cherry Crunch recipe and I found your blog --- WITH the right amount of butter! I'll be taking this to a church dinner tonight.

Thanks,

s