Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Old Fashioned Meatloaf

There's nothing like a good old fashioned meatloaf to make you appreciate good home cooking! I have several different ways I make meatloaf, but this is just a simple, basic recipe. I didn't take any pictures making it, so you'll just have to view the finished product. I made some fresh green beans and new potatoes (yes, in my electric pressure cooker) and sliced tomatoes. You can't get any simpler than that.






Old Fashioned Meatloaf

1 pound ground beef
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped bell pepper
1 egg, slightly beaten
8 oz. canned diced tomatoes, with juice
1/2 cup quick-cooking oats

Topping:
1/3 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon prepared mustard

Preheat oven to 375°

Mix all meatloaf ingredients well and shape into a loaf. Place in baking dish. Mix ingredients for topping and spread on loaf. Bake for 1 hour.




4 comments:

Jennifer H. said...

I am craving this now.

I wonder if there is something I could replace the egg with so that Nolan could eat it?

StitchinByTheLake said...

I love meatloaf so I'm saving this recipe. I mostly make mine with venison because my husband is a deer hunter but I can't tell the difference except there is less fat. I also use egg beaters instead of real eggs and I've never used tomatoes so I'm looking forward to trying that. Blessings, marlene

bj said...

I JUST made 3 meat loaves this last week and put 2 in my freezer. I love a GOOD meatloaf and I like it even better the next day, sliced and FRIED! yUMMY

蛋餅不加蔥Amber said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.