Monday, October 22, 2007

Autumn Weather






We had a cold front come through last night and it actually seems like fall. While checking out some new blogs, I came across a recipe for Pumpkin Bread Pudding. Doesn't that just sound wonderful???? Well, I couldn't resist, so I made it tonight. It's so easy! I put it together while my spaghetti was cooking. By the time we finished supper, the bread pudding was ready. And boy, was it a hit with Mike. It rates up there with good old comfort food. It has simple ingredients and you probably have everything it calls for in your pantry. Why not make it this week for someone you love! Here's the recipe:


PUMPKIN BREAD PUDDING


1 1/2 cups whole milk (or 1 cup heavy cream plus 1/2 cup whole milk)

3/4 cup canned solid-pack pumpkin

1/2 cup sugar

2 large eggs plus 1 yolk

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/4 teaspoon ground ginger

1/8 teaspoon ground allspice

pinch of ground cloves

5 cups cubed (1-inch) french bread

3/4 stick butter


Preheat oven to 350°. Put butter in an 8-inch square baking dish to melt butter. Once it is melted, take it out of the oven and toss bread cubes with butter, coating thoroughly. In a separate bowl, whisk together all the remaining ingredients. Pour them over buttered bread cubes in baking dish, stirring to make sure all pieces are evenly coated. Bake until custard is set, 25 to 30 minutes.


2 comments:

Jennifer H. said...

That looks so yummy! Maybe you can make some when we are there for Thanksgiving. And a picture of Dad, wow!!

Cyndy said...

I know, I can't believe it. Daddy said it was so good, that I should take a picture of him eating it. I don't think he knew other people can view my blog. LOL