Thursday, August 21, 2008

How Do People See You?



A couple of years ago, Jennifer gave this to me for Christmas. It may look like a basket full of river rocks with some words on them, but it's much more! You see, she had asked friends and family to describe me in just a couple of words.

Let me share with you some of them. Do you see the one that says "organized"? Well, my son-in-law, Nathan, said I was organized. That made me feel wonderful! I love organization! Everything has to have a place and it has to be put in the right place the CORRECT way. I'm a little OCD, do you think????? If only he could see in all my closets and drawers, he would know I'm not near as organized as I would like to be. But some day when I have retired and have all sorts of 'free time', then I really will be organized!!! I'm sure Nathan can hardly wait 'til that day!


There's also one in the basket that says "childhood tattletale". Can you guess which one of my sweet brothers said that about me? Actually it could have been any of them. I was so bad about that, but they all owe me there lives! You see, had I not tattled on them, I really believe they would not have lived to adulthood. Heck, they may not have even made it to their teens! They were wild, WILD I tell you. Oh the things they did! And not just to me. In fact, really they were pretty good and protective of me. When they were young we had a boy that lived down the street from us that really had an anger management problem! I think my mother was always a little worried about him. Anyway, my brothers came up with this great plan. Jimmy had on his blue jeans and a white t-shirt. He put ketchup on his shirt and then laid down in a vacant lot. David went running into the house and told our mother that the neighbor, Charles, had shot Jimmy. Mother went running out of the house and there was Jimmy not moving a muscle! She just about passed out, until he opened one eye and started grinning. Now, isn't that the meanest, cruelest joke a child could pull on their own mother???? So, you see, without me tattling on my brothers, they probably wouldn't even be alive today. Their wives and children all have me to thank for that!

There's also one in there that says, "mine". When Jennifer asked Kaylee, who was two at the time, what granna was, she simply said: Mine! Now, that just warms my heart! I hope she always thinks that I'm 100% hers!

Isn't that sweet? It just warms my heart to look at all these great little words and realize they are what my family think of little old me.





12 comments:

Stacey said...

that is so neat! i have never seen them where they can be personalized.

Pamapple said...

Hi Cyndy,
I'm so impresin teased at your rocks. That sounds like a great Christmas present for my grandkids. I'm also impressed at how you tattled. It sounds like you did it the right way. I've found Lulu Learns to Stop Tattling at www.lululearns.com really helpful in getting my grandkids to speak up.
Best to you,
Pam

nikkicrumpet said...

That has to be one of the most special gifts I've ever seen. How did they put the words on the stones? I can only imagine how precious this is to you. It's also dang pretty!!!

StitchinByTheLake said...

Cyndy what a wonderful idea for a gift! I think I'll do this for my sister - wouldn't she love it! blessings, marlene

Jeri said...

That is the nicest gift, I would love to recieve that. I was a tattletale too, just ask Pete and Bill. Grandkids grow up faster than your kids did, mine did.
I love your blog....

nikkicrumpet said...

Hey Cyndy:

thanks SO much for the info on the stones. I think this is one of the sweetest gifts I've ever seen. I'm thinking my own mom would LOVE it!

bj said...

I've not seen anything like this before and it is a great idea!
Really cute...

Anonymous said...

Oh, yes...I would LOVE to see you do a Bathroom Shoot...be sure to let me know when you do!
love, bj

Julie said...

That is a really neat gift...and thoughtful too! I love the childhood story. That was a mean trick for your brothers to play on your mother! I would just die if Riley did that to me!

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Cyndy, thanks for stopping by! I love those stones. So inspiring.

Rhoda

{oc cottage} said...

That is really cool!

M ^..^

Anonymous said...

Hi Cyndy! It's so nice to meet you! I think that is the sweetest things with those rocks! Pretty smooth stones all about you. Now you know I would love to have you join the Divas! Just snap away, post on your blog and then come tell me. I'll come get you and bring you over to my blog and show you off! Oh, hurry up, I just can't wait.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)