Sunday, December 2, 2007

It's Beginning to Look Like Christmas





Actually, it really isn't looking like Christmas in our house. I don't know why I'm having such a hard time decorating this year. I keep looking at different blogs and everyone is doing such a beautiful job getting their houses ready. This is what I'm looking at:



No wonder I can't seem to get motivated. It's a lot of hard work for such a short time. But then I think of all the past Christmases and all our memories we made and realize yes, it's so worth it!!!!! So all you over-worked and over whelmed mothers out there, just remember that you're creating family traditions and long lasting memories. So with that said, I've gotten the boxes out of the barn and I'm putting up the tree. I got the tree decorated last night and hung all the important stockings. I still need to put the name on the newest one!


I always try to pick up some ornaments when we're on vacation. I got this hand blown ornament this summer in Manatou Springs. I love the way the lights shine on it. The picture just doesn't do it justice.




I didn't put up my village this year, so this little fiber optic one will just have to do.


And I have a few Santas around.


Don't you just love this Santa's face?

2 comments:

Stacey said...

just wanted to say cute pics of the kids on christmas card! you did good grandma!

Jeri said...

I know how you feel, I just can't get it together this year. Love the Santa's face, maybe he can get me in the mood.