Saturday, December 8, 2007

Just A Waiting

For this:



to turn into this:




Barb at A Chelsea Morning posted this friendship cake recipe and it looked so good, I just had to try it. But you really have to have patience. It takes 21 days for the starter and 30 days for the cakes. I can hardly wait to taste the finished product. It makes two cakes and I was going to give them both away, but then I thought, are you crazy????? I've waited this long and I've just got to see what they taste like. They sure look good! Mine won't be ready until December 23rd, so I'm cutting it close to give as a Christmas present. But, I already know who I'm giving it to, and I think she'll really enjoy the cake and starter.

I use to have a fantastic sourdough starter and it made the best bread and rolls. I sure would like to get some more sourdough starter. I may have to just start my own. One thing for sure, it doesn't take as long for sourdough starter as it does for this friendship cake!

2 comments:

Jeri said...

That looks so good Cyndy, please save a slice for me!

bj said...

Good grief...that looks delicious. Be sure to let us know how it turns out, ok?
bj