Friday, April 18, 2008

Busy Bees

Well, I haven't seen many birds, but I sure do have the bees! They are everywhere! The pink hawthornes are in full bloom and my Pride of Houston yaupon trees are full of berries, so the bees are loving it!!!! I tried to get a close up, but guess I'm just going to have to invest in a macro lens to get a really good picture. Hmmm, I think I'll have to check that out.


Jennifer's high school friend, Emily, gave this rose bush to me when she stayed with us one weekend. It's from Tyler, but I can't seem to remember what the name of the bush is. Anyway, it has blooms all over it. I was in a hurry (being swarmed by bees will do that to you) and I didn't get a very good picture, but this gives you an idea of all the blooms. There are buds all over just waiting to bloom. Maybe I can get some better pictures.




Here's a close up of one of the flowers. They're small, but very pretty. Just like velvet! Like I said, I may have to invest in a new camera lens. Guess I had better go do some research on Canon macro lens. And maybe a few filters. And maybe a few........ The list could go on and on! Guess I'll just have to be happy with what I have.




1 comment:

Jeri said...

Beautiful flowers Cyndy...
Be careful of those bees....I watched a show this afternoon about killer bees, it gave me the creeps.