Monday, April 14, 2008

Feeding the Birds

Yesterday I bought some of this:




This:



This:




And this to put everything in.




The nut and fruit blend should attract cardinals, blue birds, mockingbirds and nut hatches. The finch food should attract, well, finches, of course! And the peanut treat suet is for all the birds. Mike's a little upset because we already have mockingbirds and they're just a little mean. I may decide not to feed them as much and try to attract more finches. I also put out my hummingbird feeder because I've already had hummingbirds coming to the window and wondering where their food is.



I'm hoping to be able to get some good pictures like these:




These were taken by Mary over at Little Red House. She takes some of the best pictures!! I play around with my camera and every now and then I get a pretty good picture. Here's one I took of a hummingbird in my front yard a couple of years ago.



Now if only the birds will come and visit me!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jeri said...

Cyndy, thistle is very good for attracting finches. But you need a special feeder for them, so other birds won't get their food. You can get both at Wal*Mart.

Jennifer H. said...

Well, you know I just LOVE birds so much! Enjoy! I am sure I will be a target for your lovely friends the next time I visit! ;-)
jenn

Kellie said...

If I were a bird I would drop by! Hope it works..

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.