Monday, May 5, 2008

Happy Birthday, Jennifer

I've really been missing my mother lately. There's just something special about a mother/daughter relationship! Men don't really understand this bond (although they have a similar one with the father/son bond). But, I got the best dose of medicine this past weekend for my blues. Mike and I went to visit our daughter and her family. Her birthday is today and we made a quick trip to see her and take her to lunch. I do mean quick.



We went to a new Italian place near her house and it was really good!



Jenn ordered this spinach ravioli with artichokes and tomatoes in a white wine sauce. It was soooo good. Mike got the veal and I got eggplant, but didn't get any pictures of them.



We walked around the shops for awhile. It was such a pretty day! A little cooler than we thought it would be, but still a nice day!



Last week, Kaylee asked her mom if she was ever going to take her to get an ice cream cone. It made Jennifer feel bad, like she had really deprived her of something. (Kaylee's such a manipulator!! Just like her Uncle B!!!!) So, of course we went and got ice cream! Mike got a chocolate chip cookie and shared a little with Nolan.

I know it doesn't look like he liked it in this picture, but trust me, he loved it. In fact, he really wanted more.



We did a little more shopping, then we went back to Jennifer's to spend a little more time with the kids before we had to leave.



Kaylee played with her American Girl Nikki doll.



And Nolan tried to terrorize, uhhh I mean, play with Snickers. Overall, we had a super day! A great mother/daughter experience!!!!! Have a SUPER, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JENNIFER!


4 comments:

Stacey said...

doesn't she look so skinny in a good way! she has done a great job with our weight-loss game!

Unknown said...

Thanks, Mom! I had a great day on Saturday. Lunch was great and it was so fun to spend time with you and Dad.

I love that picture of me and Kaylee. And I really wish we could have seen Nolan's desire for more chocolate! ;-) He gets that from his Mom!

Love you!

Jennifer H. said...

Oops! Signed in using the wrong account last time.

Stacey, thanks for the compliment!

Rhondi said...

Hi Cyndy
Thanks for stopping by from BJ's to leave a comment. It looks like youhad a fun day with your daughter and grandkids. I know what you mean about missing your mother. I miss mine too. You're lucky to have your grandchildren nearby. Mine are in TX and I am in NC :(
Hope you'll come visit again sometime.
Rhondi xo