Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Winning Is So Much Fun

Really!! Winning is so much fun, even if it's at something that takes no skill, just luck. In fact, it may be more fun when it's all about luck. Kind of like pulling that lever on a slot machine and hoping for all the bells to go off. Well, bunco can be really fun when you're winning.

If you've never played bunco, let me tell you something about it. It's very simple, you have twelve women, three tables, three dice at each table, six rounds (although we almost never make it through all six rounds), food and prizes and lots of laughter!!!! We have a neighborhood group that has been going on for about four years. Since there are twelve members, you only have to host it at your house once a year. We pay five dollars, which is how the host buys the prizes. The host provides the meal. The top three and the bottom three winners come away with the prizes. Usually, I'm down the middle, no prizes! But, I've been lucky the last three months. This time I won the top prize .... the most buncos. Here's what I won:




And this:



Both are hummingbird feeders.

Last month I won this rose planter:


And the month before that, this tea pot:



Isn't that great? I've really been on a roll. Maybe should go buy a lotto ticket.



No comments: