Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Read Any Good Books Lately????

Decisions, decisions. This weekend I purchased these two books:




and



I've heard good reviews on both of these, so I had a hard time trying to decide which one to read first. I just reached in my sack and grabbed the first one which happened to be Francine Rivers' Redeeming Love. It's been on the best seller list for many years, so most of you have probably already read it. I've only read the first 125 pages so far and it's great! It is the biblical love story of Gomer and Hosea in a tale set against the exciting backdrop of the California Gold Rush. Now excuse me while I get back to my reading.



4 comments:

StitchinByTheLake said...

I've read Francine Rivers and yes, loved it. Haven't read the other but I'll be looking forward to what you think. I just bought The Shack on the advice of someone else but haven't started it yet. Is that a new picture of you? or have I been asleep at the wheel again? blessings, marlene

Kelly said...

Hi there, popping over from Marlene's blog....Redeeming Love is probably one of my favorite fiction books of all time! You will love it!
Blessings,
Kelly

Ruby Red Slippers said...

Redeeming Love is one of my very favorites-It is life changing. When you finish it, I hope you post about what you liked or didn't.
I have given that book away twice because I think everyone should read it... I could go on, and on...

Anonymous said...

Hi Cyndy and thanks for popping in to see me and give me your well wishes. I'm feeling pretty blessed tonight.

I haven't read either of your books but need to get back into the habit of reading. I do enjoy it so!

Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)