Sunday, November 2, 2008

Hunting Season



Yesterday was the opening day of deer season. Here in Texas, that is almost considered a national holiday! The hunters have spent many hours getting their food plots in, keeping the deer feeders full, checking the pictures from their game cameras and anticipating getting the big one! With all the excitement going on around here, you would think it was Christmas! They don't know it, but I enjoy deer season as much as they do. I get to have the weekend to myself. I can sleep in and eat anything I want for lunch. I also get to go shopping and spend as much time as I want at places like Hobby Lobby or the fabric store.


Well, guess what I got yesterday? I bought myself one of these:





A serger. I've never even used one and truthfully, I'm not sure I really needed it. So to justify my purchase, I thought about all the money Mike has spent on his hunting stuff. And then I put it in my basket and ran to the checkout before I changed my mind.

It's a little intimidating, but I did make a couple of small things last night, and I think I might be able to actually sew with it. It wasn't one of the really expensive ones, but it will be just fine for me. Now I've got to get busy on some Christmas projects! After all, it's only 53 more days 'til Christmas!!!!!








7 comments:

Jeri said...

OK, now I have to have one, where did you get it and what do you do with it???

Hugs,
Jeri

imjacobsmom said...

I've always wanted a serger, they look so complicated, but they look like fun, too. ~ Robyn

StitchinByTheLake said...

Cyndy I can't wait to hear how much you actually use your new serger - I've been tempted to buy one but just haven't felt justified if I only use it to make napkins. But I definitely think deer season is a good excuse for anything - I use it quite often! blessings, marlene

nikkicrumpet said...

I'm laughing because my dad and brothers were HUGE hunters...my mom always used that as an excuse to buy something. And my dad always said..."but honey...we can't EAT what you bring home!"

bj said...

I don't sew so am not even sure what these do...but, you seem happy and so I am happy!!...;O)

Stacey said...

you go girl!! and of course, you know all the cute stuff we saw on saturday for you to sew!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.