Tuesday, February 19, 2008

No More Wash Day Blues

Look what I got! If you don't know me, you should know I'm pretty frugal. So, when our washer gave out, we went looking for a new one and decided to get a new dryer to match. Now, my old dryer wasn't broken, so to buy a new one just because I was getting a new washer was really hard on me. That being said, look at what I ended up buying.

Dear, sweet husband did a lot of persuasive talking on this. (He's the big spender in the family.) He kept telling me that it would make my work so much easier. Then when he got to the part about saving money because it doesn't use much water and the dryer time is shorter because of the efficiency, well he nearly had me. After all, we're on a septic system so less water is better for that, too. But, when he reminded me that most of our company enter through the garage entrance which comes right through the laundry room, well, he had me! I have to admit, it's making my laundry chore much easier. I do feel guilty when I think of the money spent. After all, it's just the two of us. It's really fancy smancy! When I put the first load in, I couldn't even turn it on! I kept pushing the start button and nothing! Then Mike said, "Look, it's got a power button, too. Maybe you better push that one first." It has steam for the washer and steam for the dryer! Way too complicated!


Look at all those buttons!!! That first load, we just kept watching the washer. Boy, have we got to get a life!!! Anyway, I am enjoying them and spending a lot less time doing laundry which gives me more time to do the things I like. What a life!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful investment you made there...I know it probably won't be long till I'll have to invest too. My sisters have this type and love 'em!

Hey if you can work a computer and blog you can work that washer and dryer!
*wink*

bj said...

WOW...these are sooo nice. That is the next thing on my WANT LIST !! My dryer is 30 years old and still working, altho the timer is out. My washer is much newer but looks pitiful. The good thing is that mine are in a laundry closet, with doors, so I can HIDE them!! Haha...right now, we are saving for a BIG SCREEN TV so a washer/dryer is on down the line.
Gotta go now...gotta see if the SISTERS are offering anything else up for sale that I can't live without. (See, this is why we are having to SAVE for a big tv...I spend all the money!!)
hugs, bj