Saturday, February 16, 2008

Week in Review



You all know that wonderful feeling you have when you come home and know that supper is fixed because you put it in the crockpot that morning? Well, that's what I did for half of the dinner I was planning on feeding the bunco group. At 3:30 when I walked in the door expecting that great aroma, instead, I was met with that horrible stench of burnt food! I couldn't believe it! I had put the crockpot on high instead of low! I went into high gear and started looking through the pantry trying to find something to fix. I had made a batch of black eye pea gumbo and it was in the refrigerator. Since I hadn't doubled the recipe, it would not be enough for twelve women. I started another pot of potato soup in the pressure cooker. I didn't have enough ingredients for a large pot, so I had to find something else to fix. I had all the makings for a quick chicken tortilla soup, so I made that, too. After getting all these started, I then realized I should have just ordered some pizzas. It would have been much easier! Oh well, everything turned out okay and we had a great Mardi Gras time.




Mike has been sick with the flu all week, but he got me some wonderful chocolate covered strawberries for Valentine's day. Isn't that sweet? I didn't think to take a picture until I was eating the last one! So, I put it on this pretty plate that my son and daughter-in-law gave me for Christmas. Isn't that pretty?

3 comments:

Jennifer H. said...

Chocolate covered strawberries, wow! My husband was laying on the couch with his son all day on Valentine's Day. I guess the flu will do that to you. He gets a free pass this year.

Anonymous said...

I've never played bunco but I do have the game here in my desk drawer in case I ever learn it and have a few of my Red Hat friends over.
I had a friend in Ky that was part of a group that met monthly at each other's homes. They always played for a nice prize and the winner of that prize hosted the next event...it always sounded like so much fun.

PS...I would have ordered the pizza, but I'm sure you were in crisis mode...LOL!

Have a great day!

Kellie said...

Sounds like pizza would have been easier! Like the plate!