Sunday, January 4, 2009

What I do Best!

Piddle!

Yep, that's what I do best.

The definition: Verb. To spend time aimlessly; to squander; to diddle.

That's me! I can waste more time just piddling and get absolutely nothing accomplished! The problem is, I enjoy doing just that. When I'm rushed and have a million things that have to get done, I feel cheated that I don't have time to just piddle. Why is that? When I piddle around the house, I feel so well-rested. This is the one thing I do that is so out of character with my overly compulsive, organized life.

This past week I've had time to dawdle or piddle around the house and it's been great. I'm trying to organize my sewing/craft room. I finally unboxed my mother's china. I had forgotten just how pretty it is. Here's a picture of the tea pot, cup and saucer, and sugar bowl.



It's by Royal Doulton and the pattern is Kirkwood. Just look at this creamer:




There's a tureen in this pattern that I would love to have, but I checked on it at replacements and it's $699! Yikes! I'll just have to do without. I'll just be happy with the 8 place settings and serving dishes that I have. Of course, I had to make more room for this china. I had already put all her crystal in the laundry room cabinets. I'm thinking I'm going to have to find more ways to store dishes. After all, you can never have too many dishes!!!!!!


5 comments:

imjacobsmom said...

Your Mom's china is gorgeous! I'd savor every piece! Happy New Year! ~ Robyn

Stacey said...

i loved the "piddling" you did as teacher gifts for jen!!

Anonymous said...

Gosh Cyndy - that china is beautiful!

And I love it when someone else piddles. I love that word even!!

Anonymous said...

We need to do the out of control laughing more often,have a tea party and piddle 24-7! Never knew how many things we have in common.

Thanks again for a wonderful time Christmas Day.

Catherine

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.