Sunday, November 18, 2007

Babies are Beautiful


Babies are so much fun! I always enjoy holding newborn babies. I can sit there and just watch them sleeping for hours. With each passing week, they start changing and developing their own personalities. I only have two children and they were as different as night and day. I'm sure if I'd have had seven children each of them would have had their very own, distinct personality. They are all such little miracles of God. When Nolan was born I wrote this little poem about his feet.


Ten wiggly toes, on feet not yet plump
Covered in skin, so soft to the touch
Stretching and kicking, unsure of their purpose
We start out with rhymes, to the market they go
And before you know it, you're on tippy toes
Those first timid steps will bring forth many smiles
As we clap and encourage you each step of the way
Soon you'll be jumping and running with glee
Exploring and playing, not a care in the world
Oh, such a journey you'll take with these feet!


Now, here he is crawling and getting into everything! Before we know it, he'll be taking his first steps on these tiny little feet.



Speaking of babies, I made this burp cloth and baby blanket for a friend of Kellie's this week. I wish I had more time to sew and create. I have several things I'm trying to get completed before Christmas. Maybe next year I'll start sooner!! But, probably not. I always seem to do better with a little pressure.

2 comments:

Jennifer H. said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!

Jeri said...

That is so sweet......I can't wait til my Great Grand gets here.
Hugs,
Jeri