Wednesday, November 7, 2007

What do you see?


A couple of weeks ago Brandon and my Dad went to far west Texas to look at some land my parents have. It's in the middle of nowhere!!! And I do mean nowhere. When my son-in-law asked Daddy where it was or what was out there, Daddy said no trees. Nathan just thought he meant there were no trees around there. Actually there is a town in Texas called Notrees and the land is near that town. I think Daddy got a kick out of seeing Brandon's enthusiasm. Brandon is an avid hunter and where Daddy has always seen the land as worthless, Brandon saw it as paradise. Well, probably not paradise, but at least something with possibilities. While out there they found the well site my Grandfather had drilled in 1958. Nothing much left but a pad, but Brandon did bring me back a memento. This is some home made, rusted tool the roughnecks had made. I have no idea how they used it. When Brandon saw it, he saw a cross and thought it would look great with my cross collection. I have to agree with him!

2 comments:

kari and kijsa said...

Thanks for the sweet comments on our blog and we LOVE the cross! Such a memory and beautiful addition to your collection!

Have a very blessed day,

smiles, kari and kijsa

Jeri said...

Cyndy, that is so interesting. And what an addition to your collection. Thank you for all your comments on my blog. It is going to be fun.
Hugs and love,
Jeri