Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thanksgiving Weekend

Whew, we did it! We had the All-American Traditional Thanksgiving! I wasn't sure if we were going to be able to pull it off. We had an unexpected cool front coming. We went ahead with all the preparations and kept listening to the weather reports. I started making my list of all things that needed to be done, I sure didn't want to forget anything! I woke up early, checked the weather, yep, the roads were clear. So, with lists in hand, Jennifer and I grabbed our keys and we were off......What? You thought I meant the traditional turkey dinner?? No, I was talking about the traditional after-Thanksgiving shopping! Because of the road conditions, we really weren't sure if we would even be able to go, so we didn't start too early. We were out the door around 7:30 a.m. We had to be back home by 11:00 because the men were leaving for a few days to go on their hunting trip. Even though we only had a few hours, we were able to get a few presents taken care of. We didn't even encounter any rude shoppers.

We also did the traditional Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday. We ate way too much! Kellie had made a Hot Milk Cake that was soooo good! Since she has started a blog, maybe I can convince her to make it and take pictures for her blog and then post the recipe. After we all ate, it began to snow. It wasn't heavy, but at least Kaylee got to play in the snow.





Here is Kaylee throwing a snowball at Uncle B.


Notice the palm tree in the background. Snow and palm trees just doesn't seem to go together.



On Saturday we were suppose to get more bad weather, so Jennifer, the kids and I stayed inside all day. It was a great time to take photos of Kaylee and Nolan for Jennifer and Nate's Christmas cards. Want to see them?


Sorry, you'll just have to wait 'til Jennifer gets them in the mail.

2 comments:

Jeri said...

That sounds like a fun Thanksgiving! I bet you still didn't get the 3 Shrek movies during your shopping trip....And they are probably all sold out of them. I love the picture of the palm tree in the snow. This is a Thanksgiving we will never forget.
I got to through a snowball at Ronnie today!!

Jeri said...

I misspelled throw.........lol