Thursday, November 1, 2007

Messy Drawer

I thought I was going to have a nice, relaxing evening tonight. I even ordered a pizza for supper before I left work so I wouldn't have to cook. I was really looking forward to a night of just doing nothing. Now, this might sound boring to you, but a night of doing nothing sounded pretty exciting to me! I asked Mike what he wanted to drink with his pizza and he chose a root beer. I went to my utensil drawer (that has been begging me for weeks to clean and organize it) and tried finding the bottle opener. I ended up having to take most of the stuff out of the drawer just to find it. After finding it, I was in a little hurry and was trying to shove everything back in the drawer when, wouldn't you know it, I knocked the bottle of root beer off the counter. Yes, the full, unopened bottle! What a mess!!!! Needless to say, I spent the evening cleaning the counter, floor, cabinets and yes, I decided it was time to clean the drawer. It may not be perfect, but I can now find the bottle opener. Oh, and get this, Mike was real sweet after I broke the bottle and offered to help clean up the mess. I just said no, it was my fault and I would do it. He then walked over to the refrigerator, pulled out another root beer and twisted off the cap!!!!! Yes, I said twisted off the cap! He could have at least pretended to use the bottle opener after I went to all that trouble!

1 comment:

Stacey said...

i am sooo proud of your organized drawer!! i had no idea you ever visited me-what an honor! i am glad you are enjoying my ff's!!