Sunday, January 20, 2008

Weekends



Weekends are a bit like rainbows; they look good from a distance but disappear when you get up close to them.


There just aren't enough days in a weekend!!!! I get to where I really cherish the days between Friday and Monday. No matter what we're doing, the hours in a weekend are so different than those during a work week. Even when we spend it working in the yard, cleaning out the attic or just relaxing, it's a completely different feeling. You would think that I don't like my job, but I do. I have never minded working, I seem to get such a feeling of accomplishment when I do my work well. But, that being said, I live for the weekends!!! We were suppose to meet J. and N. this weekend and let them test out their new travel trailer. The weather was just too cold to attempt that. I'm really looking forward to when we can get away for a short camping trip. I hope we're along when Kaylee gets to sleep in her trailer for the first time away from home! Would love to make s'mores with her. But since we weren't able to go, I did get to do a little sewing. Here's a few things I made:




Two of J's college roommates just had babies. A girl and a boy, so I made some burp cloths for them. I enjoy sewing, but I really need to find some time to get my sewing room organized! I had this Murphy bed made for it:

I had it made so that I could have the space I needed to do all the fun things I wanted. It was completed last January. Here it is a year later, and the room is still not set up the way I would like it to be. I've had a few things happen to sidetrack me, but I am determined to get my scrap booking, pictures and sewing organized. Now that I've confessed this, maybe I'll get in there and sort things out. When I do, I'll be sure and post some finished pictures.

3 comments:

Stacey said...

those are so cute! i am so loving your machine; ok, maybe coveting is a better word!

and the murphy bed is the smartest idea; i never would have thought of it! i need some details!

Jennifer H. said...

Love them! Can't wait to get them!

bj said...

Those are the cutest things. I don't sew but you sure seem to do a fabulous job!
The murphy bed is wonderful.
hugs, bj