Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Where Were You When The Lights Went Out?


.....I was in the shower. We lost our electricity this morning at 6:30 when I was taking a shower. Let me tell you, it's dark when all the lights go out!!!!! There's no glow from alarm clocks, no lights peeking through the windows from landscape lights, no light anywhere. Luckily I had already gotten the shampoo out of my hair. While groping for the towels, I kept telling myself to be careful and do not slip on the floors! I lit some candles and then looked outside to see that the outage was throughout the development. I started getting dress and tried putting on makeup by candlelight. You know, everything really does look better by candlelight! By candlelight you really couldn't see all my wrinkles. In fact, you really can't see much makeup, so I kept applying it. Okay, maybe I better not be putting on my makeup by candlelight anymore.


You really don't know how to appreciate something until you loose it. No hairdryer, no curling iron, no coffee. NO COFFEE, wait, I better go pour myself another cup before it gets cold! Cold? Uh-oh, no heat. It didn't take long before it started getting a little cool in the house and there I was with wet hair! This day was not getting off to a real good start. I decided to just go ahead and pack my makeup and hairdryer and head to work. Wait a minute, I can't raise the garage door with no electricity! I'm being held prisoner by my dark, unheated house!
I kept calling Mike to keep him updated of the situation . (If I was going to be inconvenienced, then so was he!) After about an hour and a half, the electricity came back on. I finished getting dressed and went to work. I am such a creature of routine and when life throws you a curve, I don't always handle it well. While driving to work I kept thinking, did I remember to unplug the coffee pot, turn off all the lights, close the garage door ......... Wait, did I even remember to put on deodorant?????? Boy, I hope I have electricity tomorrow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So far, I'm loving your blog!

Bless your heart, I know this power outage had to be frustrating.

I used to live in TX back in 1990-95 and then moved back to KY.

Those were my good working years when I worked at a good clinic.

I hope you are having a better day today!

bj said...

You just crack me up! I love this posting and love your entire blog. Mostly, tho...I love your sense of humor.
I'll be back...
hugs, bj